Matt came to talk to us about business who have employed social media (especially Facebook) to attract new marketing leads. Some of the main takeaways from his talk (which you can watch below, with added slides) included:
- Businesses need social that sings, content that travels and proof of a return.
- The NTV Accountants Facebook page is a page with over 4,000 likes which is not being used to its potential, compared to the Gap Facebook page who are making the most of the network.
- Matt talked about the different levels of user – from subscriber on a blog or RSS feed to a customer.
- Businesses can benefit from a “no selling” media approach via thought leadership through content.
- Facebook is useful for distribution providing you have the reach and influence.
- A good way of increasing brand awareness is using Facebook “as your page” – a simple setting found at the top right of the browser.
- The main problem with Facebook is getting seen as only around 10% of page visitors actually see posts.
- The future of Facebook is included in Graph Search – which needs to be powered by user data (e.g. check ins).
- The best ways to engage fans on Facebook is filling out your profile to the maximum, using a mix of media, customising, and keeping conversations going.
We also had some fun filming our own version of the new craze the Harlem Shake: