This month’s Social Media London event featured our friend and social media recruiter Steve Ward of Cloud Nine Recruitment. This means he recruits people to do social media marketing for both agencies and companies around the UK and internationally.
Here are some of the tips from the evening:
What defines a good job search
Steve listed a number of elements to a good career search and some of them are: standing out, being relevant, staying creative, having the right knowledge, being communicative, have the adequate experience and be suitable for the role and the company.
Really creative case studies of successful social media candidates
- Laura Tosney – YouTube campaign
- Gareth Cash – YouTube campaign
- Sean Fraser – Lego CV on YouTube
- Ulrike Schultz – Twitter campaign @TheLondonJob
- Employ Kyle – most creative site ever, got 15 offers. Took a job in New York.
The 4 common traits of successful job searches
- Creativity – how is your social backbone? Blog, Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook profiles, what do they say? Are they effective and is the message loud and clear?
- Connectivity – who do you need to be connected to? Listen, talk, read, connect, ask, meet, coffees, find industry leaders, comment and share.
- Communication – are you talking with the right people effectively? Don’t be afraid, communicate positively, become intately visible, be generous.
- Authenticity – be transparent, be honest, be enthusiastic and above all be YOU!
And here are Steve’s slides: