I had the pleasure of on employer branding (a bit of personal branding) at Recruitment International’s Recruiting through Social Media conference at BDO in London yesterday.
Big thanks to the audience which consisted of 100 recruiters and employers, the organisers and my fellow presenters. Here are some of the ideas I shared:
Content marketing strategy
- Your content should either inform, inspire, educate or help
- What type of content is your company sharing?
- Do you produce it yourselves or is it curated content?
- Make sure to add value to other people’s content whenever possible
- Procure with a system and distribute internally first if possible
Understand your brand by listening
- Social is definitely the new water cooler
- Make sure you listen to employees, customers, competition and the market in general
- Set up private lists on Twitter to listen
- Use YouTube, it’s the no.2 search engine after Google
- 3 billion clips are viewed every day
- The best medium for storytelling
- Host on YouTube and share/embed from there
- Do you run events? Maybe you should
- List events on various social channels
- Invite your target audience and promote
- Have informal chats about careers
Here is the slide deck I used, any questions at all you know where to find me. And yes, the Swedish flag is to dispel any notion of me being German, Danish or South African!
You may also be interested in our social media recruitment case studies.